10 SUMMER WEDDING FLOWER RULES EVERY BRIDE SHOULD KNOW
- Flowers MUST have a cool place to be stored. I REPEAT, MUST BE STORED IN A COOL PLACE; refrigerator, food cooler, well air conditioned room, even an ice chest will work as long as you put something between the flowers and the ice!
- DO NOT put flowers in direct sunlight, even if in an air conditioned room.
- If it is super hot; 80 degrees and above DO NOT LEAVE THEM OUTSIDE at all, even if they are in water.
- Store center pieces in a cool place until right before the reception and put somebody in charge of placing the arrangements when the time is right.
- Bouquets, corsages, boutonnières can wilt fairly easy if they are being handled and in really hot weather! GET ALL YOUR FLOWER PICTURES DONE FIRST and as quickly as possible! Once finished with the flowers put them back in cool storage until the ceremony.
- Your flowers should last the entire day without water, even overnight, as long as you are storing them in a refrigerated/cooled area.
- Flowers are fragile and should not be handled roughly, when putting bouquets down, do so gently. This is especially important in hot weather.
- "I am still working on 8, 9, and 10. Please check back later. Thank you!" 😊 - Jamie